Global Network for Technological Advancement (GLONETA) is a community based Non-Governmental Organisation based in Tiko, South West Region, Cameroon.
GLONETA is a non-profit, philanthropic, and non-political organization. It commits itself to the development of a caring and sustaining society for children and young people. The organisation was created in 2011 in response to concerns about children’s education and development in the South West Region and Cameroon in general.With the help of local staff and international volunteers, GLONETA has grown substantially over the past few years. GLONETA currently runs many successful programs that have great impact on Tiko and the surrounding communities. GLONETA’s primary goal is to develop an enabling environment for the effective growth and development of children and young people through innovative programs
The Organization’s growth and activities are shaped by the following objectives:
- To offer a secured and stable environment for children and youths.
- To enable/motivate parents and teachers take an active role in child development.
- To help rectify problems existing in the local educational system.
- To address the issue of school dropout and failure.
- Contribute to the eradication of poverty through quality and functional education.
- To introduce an alternative approach to education in Cameroon.
- .To prevent rural exodus by building a strong community.
- Use Sports to mobilize children and young people channel their energy towards productive initiatives.